Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hey Sista, Go Sista, Seoul Sistah, Flow Sistah

So I started out following the home team, and boy were they rolling. Uihlein Hit a 4-iron 238 yards out of the par 5 12th and stuck it about four feet from the hole. Made it. Then drained a 15-footer for birdie on the 14th. Nice little 3-3 there.

That's when I heard that the Koreans were 16-under. WAH?! So I had to catch up with them to take some pictures and figure out why the hell they were making all these birdies.


You'll love this. The girls team is really what's separating them. They're 10-under, leading all other women's teams by 5 shots. Soo-Jin Yang (right), who's 16, hit a 290-yard drive today. She's under 5 feet tall and can't weigh that much more than 100 pounds. 290 yards, geeze. A halway-decent shot-putter could hurl her that distance.


An observation: Every women's team that has captured the gold medal at The Spirit has also led their team to the international medal. Think about that.


Also the Korean coach, Mr. Oh, totally owned me today. He noticed that we were using the same camera, and I mentioned that the Nikon I use is great because it's pretty user-friendly, seeing as I'm not a professionally trained photographer.


"Yes," he said. "I noticed you were on 'Automatic."


Ouch.


I will post my press release momentarily.

No comments: