Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Headed up to Trinity for The Spirit

After running a few errands today I'll be headed up I-45 to Whispering Pines Golf Club for The Spirit International Amateur Golf Championship.

For those not in the know, The Spirit is a biennial Olympic-style golf championship. Four-person teams (two men, two women) from 24 countries compete for five medals: men's team, women's team, overall team, and men's and women's individual golds.

Off the course, it's basically Hogwarts for golfers. There's a Luau, a karaoke night, a BBQ, a campfire party, AND they all get to stay in an Olympic village!

I'll try to do as much mooching as I can. Made easier since the World Health and Golf Association, who run the event (and Whispering Pines) are paying me to write press releases. Sweet.

I'll also be live-blogging whenever I can.

No comments: