Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving From Houston Links Magazine!
I love me some turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pie, et al. It has come to my conclusion that turkeys are the coolest bird on the planet. I see them in the wild occasionally out in Hallettsville. Let me count the ways. They gobble, which has been one of the Top 10 most hilarious noises ever since you made those turkey calls in Kindergarten using only a piece of sponge, some string, and a plastic cup. A male tom turkey puffed up is one of the most majestic sights you'll ever see. They have claws: Male toms have spurs on the backs of their legs. And of course, they are delicious. By the way, next week I'm going to try beer-canning a turkey. A method of poultry preparation pioneered by my favorite chef, Steve Raichlen.

So turkeys are hilarious, majestic, deadly, and delicious. That's the Avian Grand Slam right there. Name another bird that hits it. Go on.

But seriously. I'd like to give thanks for all of Houston Links' loyal readers who believe in what we're doing: giving Houston-area golfers the local golf news that they desire and deserve! Without y'alls support none of this would be possible. I'd also like to thanks all the staff at the golf courses who've been especially accommodating to us during this tournament season. Especially, Whispering Pines, Miramont, Boot Ranch, Champions and Carlton Woods, who hosted some big tournaments! And of course, my most sincerest thanks goes out to our advertisers, without whom I would probably be copy-editing for a podunk paper somewhere.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: