Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Fall of Hermann

Hermann Park was Houston's first municipal course and as always been one of its more popular courses despite some controversial redesigns that have radically altered the classic John Bredemus routing.

I have never played Hermann, but I have heard some troubling news. Our main man Kenny Hand played it with a friend several weeks ago and was disgusted. There was trash and cigarette butts everywhere. Rumor is that the management company the CoH hired to run Hermann has basically mailed it in because their contract is about to run out. I was talking to a friend who played it last weekend. Here is a transcript of our chat:

Corey: "As far as herman goes, for the most part it was ok, except 3 holes had the greens closed and they were moved up into the fairway which sucked."
me: "You mean the tee boxes were closed. They didn't actually cut the holes in the fairway did they?"
Corey: "Yes. It was awful."
me: "Mother of God."

No comments: